Kyolic – A Heart Smart Supplement for Women
Author Sherry Torkos
Heart health is not usually top of mind for most women. Misconceptions prevail that heart disease is a man’s disease and that it is not really an issue for young women.
In reality, heart disease is a woman’s number one health threat. The number of deaths from heart disease is practically equal among men and women. While women worry most about breast cancer, every year seven times more Canadian women die of heart disease and stroke than breast cancer (Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada). Moreover, heart disease does not happen overnight, nor it is a condition that primarily affects the aged.
Heart disease can begin early in life, and lifestyle habits adopted in one’s 20's and 30's can have a profound impact on a person’s risk of developing heart disease. According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, 90% of Canadians over age 20 have at least one risk factor for heart disease or stroke (smoking, alcohol, physical inactivity, obesity, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, diabetes). Forty percent of Canadians have three or more risk factors. For those who have multiple risk factors, the risk of heart disease increases exponentially.
It is well established that lifestyle strategies such as exercising regularly, maintaining a healthy body weight, not smoking, reducing stress and eating a healthful diet rich in fibre and vegetables and fruit can have a protective effect against heart disease.
When it comes to supplements for heart health, there are various products that can help address certain risk factors for heart disease, but there is only one supplement that has been shown in reputable clinical trials to address multiple risk factors for heart disease: that supplement is Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract.
Here are five reasons why Kyolic is the right choice to support heart health in women:
- Only Kyolic is backed by over 750 scientific studies. The amount of research on Kyolic far surpasses every other garlic brand.
- Only Kyolic has been proven to improve several cardiovascular risk factors. Clinical studies have shown that Kyolic can reduce blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides, improve circulation, reduce inflammation, reduce platelet aggregation, improve endo-thelial function and improve oxidative damage caused by smoking.
- Kyolic has Health Canada approved claims to aid in cholesterol reduction, enhance circulation, promote heart health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Kyolic is safe to take with most prescription medications that are used to manage blood pressure and cholesterol. In fact, some studies have found that use of Kyolic can improve tolerability and reduce side effects of prescrip-tion medication.
- Kyolic is made with organically grown garlic and it is the only garlic supplement that is truly odourless.
Sherry Torkos is an award-winning pharmacist, regular contributor to many TV and radio talk shows and author of several health books, including Saving Women’s Hearts.