Apple cider vinegar is made from apple juice that has undergone fermentation to form healthy bacteria. It has many health benefits including aiding in weight loss, balancing blood sugars and supporting gut health to name a few.
Organic, raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar that has the ‘Mother’ is considered to have the most health benefits. The ‘Mother’ occurs naturally as connected strand-like chains of protein enzyme molecules, providing friendly bacteria also known as probiotics.
What are the health benefits of apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar can do many things to support your health. It is known to:
- Improve digestion and prevent acid reflux
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Increase satiety and aid in weight loss
- Help reduce bad cholesterol
- Boost gut health and increase immunity
- Balance pH levels
- Improve skin appearance and hair health
How to use apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is truly the ultimate wellness multi-tasker. If being taken straight, it is recommended to take 1-2 tablespoons and dilute it with at least 6 fluid ounces of water or any other beverage of your choice. But you don’t have to just drink it. It can be used in various recipes including marinades, salad dressings, baked goods as well as tonics and other beverages.
For a healthy sweet treat, try making these Chocolate Zucchini Donuts:
For the donuts:
¾ cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
⅓ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
⅓ cup non-dairy milk
¼ cup zucchini, shredded and excess liquid removed
1 teaspoon Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
1 ½ ounces dark chocolate– vegan if needed
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 355° F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add coconut oil, dairy-free milk, zucchini, apple cider vinegar and vanilla and stir to combine.
3. Grease a donut pan and divide batter evenly among molds. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until baked through.
4. Let donuts cool in the pan. Once cool, run a toothpick or knife along the edges of each and turn the pan over onto a baking sheet. Gently tap until donuts fall free.
5. Prepare the glaze by bringing about ½ inch of water to a low boil in a saucepan. Put chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set on top of the saucepan, making sure it doesn’t come in contact with the water. Add coconut oil to the bowl and stir slowly as the chocolate melts.
6. Frost the cooled donuts by dipping them in melted chocolate glaze.
Topping ideas: sprinkles, goji berries, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, chocolate covered hemp seeds, bee pollen and almond slivers
More than a hundred years ago Paul Bragg realized that we all share a deep natural desire towards “healthy”. It was this forward-thinking realization — that our bodies naturally crave a healthy balance — that led Paul to create Bragg Live Foods. Building upon its long and enduring heritage as a catalyst and advocate for well-being, Bragg Live Foods has evolved into a shared movement for healthier, happier lives. That starts with what we put into our bodies, then flows into other aspects of our lives. Today, Bragg continues the relentless quest to make well-being simpler and more accessible to all. With an ever-expanding portfolio of ingredient-led products backed by a century of time-tested wisdom, Bragg remains passionately focused on helping everyone eat better, feel better, and enjoy a more healthful and vibrant life.
With a mission to encourage a vibrant, healthy lifestyle, Bragg products provide a dose of wellness wisdom that customers have come to depend on for over a century. And in 2021 Bragg is launching a new line of apple cider vinegar wellness shots, and three new flavours of our apple cider vinegar.
Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Shots: Enjoy your daily dose of Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar wellness on the go! Each organic, ready-to-sip shot blends one tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with honey and anti-inflammatory spices for an instant prebiotic boost.
Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Blends: Explore a whole new way to craft a simple, DIY daily dose of Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar wellness with new flavours. For instant boosted flavour with zero hassle, just add to your favorite beverage, smoothie, dressing or recipe in place of standard apple cider vinegar.
Beyond our famous Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg’s product family consists of a wide range of offerings including flavoured apple cider vinegar, olive oil, seasonings, salad dressings, beverages, and more. For more information, please visit bragg.com.