Taking a 100 billion potency probiotic may seem like a lot, but when you consider that there are approximately 100 trillion bacteria in our bodies, 100 billion is like a drop in the bucket. Bacteria are involved in many processes in the body including digesting food, protecting you from illness, and absorbing and manufacturing vital nutrients. They are essential to good health.
Studies show that when bacteria in the intestinal tract becomes unbalanced, with more bad than good, chronic diseases occur such as inflammatory bowel disease, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome and even cancer. Asthma, allergies and obesity are also related to an abundance of bad intestinal bacteria.
So how do you rebalance your microbial ecosystem? Probiotics! Ultimate Flora Ultra Potent is a powerful once a day probiotic that has 100 billion CFU in a single capsule. It’s an easy and convenient way to get your daily dose of probiotics without having to eat 100 yogurt containers a day!
Who would need to take a highly potent probiotic such as Ultimate Flora Ultra Potent?
– Someone who has completed multiple rounds of antibiotics
– Someone who has severe digestive issues
– Someone who has persistent yeast problems or candida
– Someone who is under a lot of stress (stress can upset the balance of good to bad bacteria in your gut)
– Someone who wants a strong, multi-strain daily probiotic
What strains should you look for when you choose a probiotic?
Those unpronounceable bacterial strains on a label are important to understand when choosing a probiotic. They all have different roles to help ensure good health.
– Lactobacillus plantarum is an excellent alternative to antibiotics; it makes use of its potential to block receptor sites for certain bacteria such as E-coli and salmonella.
– Bifidobacterium breve helps decrease intestinal permeability (leaky gut) and has a positive effect on the intestinal immune system.
– Bifidobacterium longum helps in the formation of lactic acid along with small amounts of formic acid. These acids lower the PH of the intestines, making the region undesirable for harmful bacteria. It is also a substantial producer of B vitamins which are the vitamins that help with stress.
– Lactobacillus casei inhibits growth of E.coli, as well as being effective against urinary tract infections.
– Lactobacillus acidophilus is the predominant friendly bacteria in the upper intestinal tract. It helps reduce the levels of harmful bacteria and yeasts in the small intestine and also produces lactase, an enzyme which is important in the digestion of milk. Acidophilus is also involved in the production of B vitamins (niacin, folic acid, and pyridoxine) during the digestive process.
– Bifidobacterium bifidum has the ability to protect the body against the devastation of rotavirus diarrhea and is a supportive therapy for intestinal infections and intestinal disturbances. Even more importantly, immune strengthening properties have been reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition especially in relation to colon health and its suppressive effect on tumors. It reports that B. bifidum is well tolerated without side effects, reducing the inflammatory response of the colon and stimulating the body’s fluid immunity. Studies also show that disturbances of intestinal flora in connection with peristalsis disorders and liver problems are usually related to the restriction or disappearance of B. bifidum.
– Lactobacillus rhamnosus is useful for the inhibition of vaginal and urinary tract infections. It helps the body resist pathogenic bacteria and viruses, and prevents rotoviral or Clostridium difficile induced diarrhea.
– Lactobacillus fermentum is capable of releasing glutathione and has been shown to prevent colonic inflammation such as colitis in animal studies.
– Lactobacillus salivarius is useful in helping impair the growth and activity of harmful pathogenic bacteria, including H. pylori and salmonella. It also helps break down undigested protein and disengages the toxins produced by protein putrefaction.
All of these strains are found in every Ultimate Flora Ultra Potent capsule.
How and when should Ultimate Flora Ultra Potent be taken?
Ultimate Flora Ultra Potent capsules are sprayed with a unique water based enteric coating which protects the probiotics from the acidic environment in the stomach, yet still allows them to populate in the rest of the intestinal tract. For this reason, the capsules can be taken at any time, with our without food and can be taken ongoing.
Think of probiotics as your personal army standing guard and protecting you. Keep your defenses strong with Ultimate Flora Ultra Potent!
By Caroline Farquhar, R.H.N., B.A