Black Cumin Seed Oil or simply Black Seed Oil has over 100 active compounds which include antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and pain-reducing properties. The most notable active ingredient is thymoquinone.
Black Seed is quickly becoming the herbal oil to watch with its anti-inflammatory compounds to reduce symptoms of asthma, hay fever and eczema. In addition, its immune boosting qualities make it beneficial for colds, flus, digestive and cardiovascular support and liver function.
Black Seed Scientific Research
Since 1959, Black Seed (Nigella sativa) has been researched in over 200 clinical studies worldwide. Six medical patents have been granted for Black Seed for the following conditions: (Please Note: this information is for reference and interest only from patent licenses that have been issued by approved government agencies and in no way indicates or endorses that our Black Seed Oil should be substituted for consulting a health professional or appropriate medical treatment.)
- Asthma/allergy: Black Seed’s powerful anti-inflammatory compounds reduce symptoms of asthma and allergies. (Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2009)
- Viral and bacterial infections: Since salmonella’s resistance to antibiotics is a worldwide health issue, a study wanted to develop an alternative. Black Seed was found to be more effective against salmonella, even those species for which Ceftriaxone and Ciprofloxacin were ineffective. (Nat Prod Res.2014).
- Immune function: Several peer reviewed studies show that Black Seed Oil helps to relieve respiratory illnesses such as viral infections, colds, and influenza by boosting activity of our “natural killer” disease fighters.
- Diabetes: Black Seed helps to balance blood sugar levels, and has been shown to be effective to treat type 2 diabetes due to its ability to improve insulin sensitivity. (Saudi Arabia, Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2010 & 2011 study at the University of Montreal).
- Psoriasis: Nigella sativa extract produced results equivalent to the effect of the standard drug used, tazarotene, for “eruptions of skin”. It also helps stop psoriasis from spreading equal to drug treatment. (Pharmacogn Mag.2012).
- Cancer: Dozens of recent cancer studies in respected publications including International Journal of Immunopharmacology(2005), Oxford’s Digestive Disease Sciences (2009), and the Journal of Ethnopharmacology (2011) state that Black Seed supports functions of macrophage cells and helper T-cells in cancer patients.
Enerex Black Seed Oil offers 100% first cold-pressed oil for maximum potency of its rich properties, which is taken as an antioxidant supplement or an alternative to other antibacterial, antiviral or immune-enhancing herbals. Enerex Black Seed Oil is 100% pure organic Black Seed Oil containing a high thymoquinone content and also including Vitamin E super anti-oxidant with natural occurring mixed tocopherols & tocotrienols.
If you have children going back to school, give your immune system a boost by incorporating Black Seed Oil to your everyday routine!
Enerex is a Canadian company. Visit www.enerex.ca.